Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Flickr


Vietnam, Ha Long Bay
Originally uploaded by Kathy~


The easiest setup I have done so far. Flickr is fantastic! What is so embarrassing however is that I have known nothing about it for years. During my previous degrees and even some assignments for this GDLT, I have spent a rediculous number of hours searching for pictures that are for free and don't have a massive watermark printed over the top of them. I am so ashamed to say that I did not know Flickr existed.

The idea of using Flickr within the classroom is great. In two of my lessons already I have attempted to immediately engage students by showing interesting thought provoking pictures on the interactive whiteboard, pictures that I have spent hours searching for on google. To know that I now have an account and can simply type in the search area and have free pictures is amazing.

However, the use of Flickr for children within the class is also going to be advantageous. As an example, when I first started prac the students were completing an ICT project on energy (a television advertisement). Some students were really struggling to find some interesting pictures to place in their advertisement. they searched google and came up with quite ordinary results. I should have suggested Flickr and they could have included something like this.




Clean Energy
Originally uploaded by imagonovus

No comments:

Post a Comment