Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Picnik


My Naughty Red Bird
Originally uploaded by JaimeaF




My Naughty Red Bird
Originally uploaded by FoNgEtZ


Again, something I never really knew existed. I love this as well. Apart from the number of hours I know I am going to spend on Flickr and Picnik, I think students will be able to use this to its full advantage. If the students were for example, creating a poster on birds they would have the tools necessary to grab the attention of their audience. Utilising a tool such as Picnik also gives students a sense of ownership, it is their creative work. Instead of trying to gather pictures, they can take a picture that to them seems ordinary and make it quite personal as well as an effective visual.

What I was really impressed with, is the fact that your pictures you have gathered from Flickr can then be imported into Picnik, altered and loaded directly to a blog or wiki. I think students would pick this up extremely quickly. It is very user friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment