Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mahara

On reflection of setting up my Mahara account (which was quite a while ago, I simply forgot to blog about it, sorry) I found it to be quite time consuming at first, looking through and trying to understand all of its capabilities. Mahara is an e.Portfolio that can be utilised by professionals as a personal portfolio of work or simply as an online portfolio of student work. This would make it easily accessible by teachers and parents. I feel that I would be more likely to utilise the account for personal reasons such as uploading my resume and storing lesson plans on there. overall it will be an interesting tool to learn more about in preparation for assignment 3.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaimea,
    I like you used mahara a little while ago and found it all a little overwhelming and slid it to the side. However if you can blog you can mahara. Prac has been a wonderful tool for me, allowing me to step back and look at each of the tools independently and make an informed decision. After gaining access to the school website, I asked many questions (as you do). The most important was; If I save any of my resources to my G drive am I able to access this anywhere at anytime? And the answer was no .AHHHHHH. Mahara would be able to store all of my resources professional conversations whilst remaining accessible remotely. Change schools no problem it’s yours no saving to here there and everywhere. One toolkit accessible remotely, professionally presented and user friendly what more can you ask for. Like the Blog the more you use it, the more uses you find for it  Have fun
    Cheers Kristine Holden
    S0016551

    ReplyDelete